I love following a routine and having structure in my day. To satisfy your curiosity, here’s a glimpse into my weeknight routine! On most days this is what I usually do, but sometimes plans can change.
1. When I get home from work, I start to prepare dinner if it’s my turn to cook. I’m trying to cook on the days that C has work and I make sure to cook enough so that we have lunch for the next day.
2. If I haven’t done so already during my lunch break, I spend some quiet time doing my devotions after dinner. I’m currently using the First15 app! It’s not hard to designate 15 minutes of the day to spend some time in solitude with God. Maintaining this daily habit will be good for my spiritual health and discipline.
3. Before doing anything else, I clean up the kitchen and wash the dishes.
4. I spend 30 minutes either tidying/cleaning up our place, or I spend at least 30 minutes doing some sort of exercise. Sometimes I play Just Dance Now for cardio, or I go downstairs to the gym in my condo for a workout. I’m also trying out hot yoga with the free classes available via Classpass so I may have done a session prior to coming home.
5. After all of that it’s time to relax. I hop into the shower and wash up. I do a face mask on Monday nights and I’m currently using my Vichy Mineral Face Masks* (I just did a full review on them in this post here!)
6. I spend a little bit of time on my laptop or iPad in bed before sleeping. I would work on the upcoming post for the blog, continue planning for my upcoming trips, or watch a show. Once I feel sleepy or if midnight hits, then it’s time to sleep!
This is what I do on my weeknights, except for Tuesdays and Fridays due to other commitments after work. Do you have a routine that you follow as well?
*Products were sent as PR samples for editorial consideration. All thoughts and opinions are my own and genuine.
Until next time,